Send us stuff!
Got something that makes YOUR day better? Send us your stuff!
Just a few general guidelines to keep in mind:
- All submissions are subject to the Terms and Conditions listed below, so be sure to read them before sending us your stuff.
- Keep it brief, so we can include as many submissions as possible. If you’ve found a longer work you think is a great day-improver (an article, book, website, etc.) be sure to describe it and provide a link.
- About links: Make sure they don’t lead anywhere creepy or virusy…that would NOT be in the spirit of making days better.
- Be creative! Sometimes the tiniest things can make a day better (like 10 extra minutes of sleep, or finding a $5 bill in the laundry). Those are pretty universal, so we’d probably post them. Or a day-improver can be something huge like a step towards a cure for something terrible. Snow in the South can make a day better. Or a video. Or a cartoon. Or something you overheard on the subway. Or getting a job. Or figuring out how to program your DVR. You get the idea…sky’s the limit. If more than a few people would understand it, we’ll post it. If we don’t already have a category for it, we’ll make one.
- Be patient. It takes a while to sort through submissions; we promise we’ll look at yours.
- Don’t get your feelings hurt if we don’t post your submission. We’re trying to focus on those with the most universal day-improving appeal, which we know is totally subjective, but we have to start somewhere. We also try to stay away from things that you wouldn’t want your kids or grandmother to see. Which brings us to…
- No naked pictures, please. Not that they can’t make a day better, but please keep those to yourself. Seriously.
- Be nice. It might make your day better if your boss was nipped to death by piranhas or the mean girl at school showed up with a botched dye job, but remember those things probably made somebody else’s day A LOT worse.
- We don’t necessarily steer clear of politics and religion, so feel free to make those submissions. If we post them, we’ll just add that disclaimer you see about how they don’t necessarily reflect the views of our sponsors, etc. etc. (even if they do).
- Remember the thing about the Terms and Conditions? Very important, so here they are:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
These terms and conditions (“the Terms and Conditions”) apply to The Day Improver website (www.dayimprover.com, “the Website”) and to any electronic correspondence among you, AndiSites (the Website’s sponsor, also “the Company”), and the Website concerning submitting content to the Website. By submitting content to the Website (including but not limited to any artistic, literary, or dramatic works), you acknowledge that you have read and agree to these Terms and Conditions. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions, please do not submit Works to this Website. The Company may revise these Terms and Conditions at any time by updating this posting. Certain provisions of these Terms and Conditions may only be superseded by expressly designating such on particular posts or pages of this Website.
1. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
1.1 Unless otherwise stated or expressly granted by the Company, the copyright and other intellectual property rights in all material on this Website (including without limitation photographs and graphical images) are owned by the Company.
1.2 You represent and warrant that you are the owner of all right title and interest in the Works or that you have the right to grant the license set forth below in paragraph 2.1.
2. SUBMISSION OF WORKS
2.1 In consideration for your Works appearing on the Website, you grant the Company a perpetual royalty-free non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, translate, transmit, distribute and sub-license any Works you supply or communicate to the Website in any medium, now in existence or hereafter developed, for any purposes, including commercial use.
2.3 You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from this Website any Works for which you have not obtained all necessary licenses and/or approvals.
2.4 If you believe your work has been copied and is accessible on the Website, or that it contains links or references to another online location that contains Works that violate your copyright, please contact the Company so that such Works may be removed immediately.
3.1 You agree to indemnify the Company and its affiliates, employees, agents, designees, and licensees and to hold them harmless from any and all claims and liabilities (including legal fees) that may arise from your submissions of Works to the Website, from your breach of these Terms and Conditions, or from any such acts arising from your use of the Website.
3.2 You agree to indemnify the Company, and any other party (whether or not involved in creating, producing, maintaining or delivering this Website), and any of the Company’s employees or agents, from all liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or to a third party (including without limitation, any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss or damages, or any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, use of money, or loss or damages arising from or connected in any way to business interruption, and whether in tort (including without limitation negligence), contract, or otherwise in any way or in connection with submitting Works to this Website or by the Company reproducing the Works in any form.
4.1 The Company shall assume no liability for costs associated with diagnosis, servicing, repair, or correction of equipment, software, or data in connection with your submission of materials to or use of this Website.
5. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United States, where the issue is a federal question and the laws of the State of North Carolina where the issue is a state question. Disputes arising in connection with these Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of a court in the State of North Carolina and disputes arising in connection with the copyright laws shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the United States courts.
6. EFFECTIVE DATE.
These Terms and Conditions are effective on the date you successfully submit the Works, thereby indicating your acknowledgment and agreement.
Ready? Send us your stuff!